Our contact details
Name: Philip Sheridan and Helen Parsons
Address: Woodville Road, Keighley, BD20 6JA
Phone Number: 07528959091
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- personal contact details that allow us to contact you directly such as name, home address, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
- images in video and/or photographic form;
- your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you.
- details of next of kin, family members, and emergency contacts.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To administer attendance at our courses and events;
- To administer any membership you have with us including recurring payments, and dealing with any service or support enquiries from you;
- To comply with health and safety requirements;
- To ensure your fitness to attend and participate in our courses and events and provide reasonable adjustments where possible, collected mainly via a PAR-Q form you complete and verbal screening at the time;
- In case of an emergency or to inform you a class or event is cancelled.
We may share this information with emergency services if necessary, but we will always endeavour to get your consent first.
We use the information that you have given us to maintain an active list of attendees at our classes and events.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources:
- Newsletter sign-up;
- Social media channels if you choose to follow us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Philip Sheridan or Helen Parsons at our contact details above.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our booking service.
We keep your name, address, email and telephone, along with emergency contact details for the time you remain an active attendee with us at our courses and events.
We review all personal information we keep regularly and delete contacts we haven’t seen or heard from after 12 months. We will dispose your information by deleting all the personal contact information you have consented to give us as described above.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07528959091 / Woodville Road, Keighley, BD20 6JA
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Discover Nordic Walking, Woodville Road, Keighley, BD20 6JA.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk